- Cogency.io collects personal information when you register with Cogency.io to use Cogency.io services or to post content on Cogency.io.
- When you register we ask for your email address and certain optional information such as your country of residence and possibly your zipcode.
- Cogency.io automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie, and the page you request.
- Cogency.io uses information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, research, and anonymous reporting.
- Cogency.io may send you up to 3 newsletters a month, to provide you with updates on your account and Cogency.io news. You may unsubscribe to this mailing list at any time.
IP Addresses are automatically reported by your browser each time you view a web page. Your IP address is stored in our user registration databases when you register with Cogency.io.
IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including:
- To diagnose or service technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
- To tailor advertising based on geographic area or other information derived from your IP address. Aggregate information derived from IP addresses may also be reported to advertisers.
- To estimate the total number of users visiting Cogency.io from specific geographical regions.
- To make sure that people are not voting for themselves or friends during contests or promotions.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
- You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set.
- If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use Cogency.io products or services that require you to "sign in," and you may not be able to take full advantage of the Cogency.io service.
- Cogency.io uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
- Access your information when you "sign in".
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using Cogency.io's services.
- Display the most appropriate advertising banners, based on your interests and activity on Cogency.io.
- Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- Conduct research to improve Cogency.io's content and services.
- Cogency.io lets other companies (such as Google) that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other entities' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other entities do not have access to Cogency.io's cookies.
Editing and Deleting Account Information
- When you post a message, your Cogency.io ID or alias that you are posting under is visible to other users.
- If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
- Cogency.io may be required to disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas or when your actions violate the Cogency.io Terms of Service.
- Cogency.io may share demographic information with business partners, such as "53% of users who regularly use Cogency.io video service are between 18 and 24" or the like. No personally identifiable information will ever be used without your permission (i.e. we will ask you for a quote or testimonial)
- Cogency.io does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested or when we have your permission.
- Cogency.io displays targeted advertisements based on personal information that is exhibited in people's profiles.
- You can change your Cogency.io Account Information, at any time.
- We may send you certain communications relating to the Cogency.io service, such as service announcements and administrative messages, that are considered part of your Cogency.io account.
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- Your Cogency.io Account Information is password-protected.
- Cogency.io uses 256-bit SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
Cogency.io may update this policy at any time for any reason. If there are any significant changes to how we handle personal information we will send a notice to the primary email address specified in your Cogency.io account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.